I always struggle to remember which solder I bought or where it was from so this list is as much a reminder for me as it is a recommendation of tools and consumables for you!
The list below has the best solder to buy, the best pliers and snips, and importantly — links to buy hookup wire!
This story will be updated periodically. There are no affiliate links in this story.
Soldering and Rework
- Leaded solder (red reel) 183°C melting temp
- Lead-free solder (green reel) 217°C melting temp
- Roadrunner enamelled wire dispenser
This wire is 22 AWG so just right for breadboards. The reels are 100 ft or 30.5m in length. This is the best wire I have found for quickly building a circuit.
- Good for most wire in small projects (although there is a delivery surcharge in the UK these are still my most reliable pair of strippers)
- Great for tiny wires
- Best for trimming soldered through-hole leads (these really are fantastic)
- Best side cutters you don’t need to care about
- Side cutters
Scrapers and Probes
- Just buy this when you want to splash some cash. The little hooks and picks have saved my sanity on a few occasions
Please drop us an email or instant message for additions or alterations. Remember to always check with other retailers to get the best price!